How can we use the power of Continuous Integration (CI) servers for offloading some of the repetitive tasks developers and software maintainers need to do on a daily basis? Things like running core and module updates, unit tests and reporting can be automated, and communicated using a few tools I will outline in this presentation.
In this session, I will demonstrate how to use Jenkins, the leading open source automation server to:
- Run Drupal core and module updates
- Run and report on behat tests
- Trigger Offsite backup of production sites
- Use Jenkins Pipeline workflows to build branch/feature based servers.
- Triggering jobs with webhooks
- Report progress, and results to Slack
Review on Joind.in