You have created a beautiful, shiny new Drupal web site or a stellar partner has created one for you. It is ready to launch and usually someone just hands it over to a server administrator or the DevOps team. Instead, this time you are the launch team. Don’t panic. This session will give you the knowledge to understand what you need to make it a smooth launch.
To launch, you need various pieces of information about domains, DNS, SSL and more. You then have to set these up correctly. If you do so, you should have a smooth launch of your new site.
- Gathering domain ownership information.
- Setting up DNS records or getting DNS changed smoothly.
- Requirements and recommendations for SSL encryption and implementation.
- Evaluation of hosting requirements and hosting options.
- Considerations from moving from an old site to a new site.
This session is based on the presenter’s 12+ years of building, launching and maintaining dozens of websites both freelance and at a design/development agency. From launching a brand new site to moving an existing live site from one server to another, I have launched hundreds of sites on various hosting environments.